Want to be part of creating new energy?
Interested in a sustainable future?
Yaskawa Environmental Energy / The Switch focuses on electrifying the world with ultimate efficiency. Our innovative electrical drive train products, capabilities and solutions convert energy sustainably, contain energy effectively and consume energy responsibly. We offer you challenging work in the world of wind, marine and industry, with the freedom to grow and impact our sustainable future. For more information, visit: www.theswitch.com.
Quality and Environmental Engineer
We are looking for a self-oriented Quality and Environmental Engineer who is eager to grow as a professional. As our Quality and Environmental Engineer you are the owner of our environmental processes and tasks. You will also work closely with quality assurance related issues such as project quality assurance, supporting engineering department in quality related issues, material compliance process, quality document updates and communication to customers in quality related issues. The position is located at our factory in Lappeenranta, and you will report to our Quality Manager.
- Improvements, follow ups and reporting of environmental activities
- Fulfilment of company targets and values as well as requirements according to Environmental Management standard ISO 14001:2015 and Quality Management standard ISO 9001:2015
- Tasks related to chemical management, waste handling, material restrictions and environmental reporting to corporate level and authorities when needed, as well as internally
- Environmental legislation follow up / execution and main user for legislation register
- 3+ years’ experience of environmental and/or quality related task, with experience in teamwork
- Suitable educational background such as in field of environmental science (B.Sc. or M.Sc.) or in other way gained experience
- Excellent knowledge of environmental legislation and Rohs/Reach directive
- Experience of carbon footprint calculation and/or energy efficiency survey as well as usage of quality tools (e.g., 5xwhy, fishbone, 8D-reporting) are seen as an advantage
- Excellent communication skills (written and spoken) in Finnish and English
- Advanced knowledge of Office software, especially Excel and Word
- Flexible working environment
- Small-company atmosphere backed by a large multinational corporation
- Strong team spirit, based on being seriously relaxed
- Work in a growing and future-oriented field of business
If you are ready to explore new challenges, please apply by January 31, 2022. For more information, please contact Sami Kontio, Quality Manager at +358 40 8080 486.