Ready to explore new challenges?
Interested in a sustainable future?
Yaskawa Environmental Energy / The Switch focuses on electrifying the world with ultimate efficiency. Our innovative electrical drive train products, capabilities and solutions convert energy sustainably, contain energy effectively and consume energy responsibly. We offer you challenging work tasks in the business of wind, marine and industry, with the freedom to grow and impact upon our sustainable future. For more information, visit: www.theswitch.com.
TEAM LEADER / LEAD ENGINEER - ELECTRICAL MACHINES, WIND BUSINESS
We are looking for a Team Leader / Lead Engineer with proven capabilities in demanding product development assignments and with a full understanding of manufacturing and assembly techniques and processes. Your primary focus will be mainly on coordinating and partly on taking part in developing our electrical machines for our wind business and giving product support to the rest of the organization. You will work closely with our other engineering specialists, procurement, manufacturing, testing, quality and project management. You are reporting to the Head of Machine Engineering. The position can be located in either Helsinki, Vaasa or Lappeenranta.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience of mechanical design, especially rotating machines
- Experience of managing multi-disciplinary product development projects
- Good skill in using 3D CAD, preferably Solidworks
- Good skill in using PLM, preferably Windchill
- Good communication skills in Finnish and English
- Ability to communicate and serve our customers with easy-to-understand technical information
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Diverse scope of innovative work and responsibilities
- Small-company atmosphere backed by a large multinational corporation
- Cross-functional and cross-cultural teamwork
- Opportunity to influence your own area of work
If you want to be part of our sustainable future, please apply by April 25, 2021. For more information, please contact Engineering Manager, Electrical Machines Patrik Holm, +350 40 8080 344.